Senior Web Developer Job Opening — WordPress & Web Apps
Open Position: Senior Web Developer
Date: February 10, 2023
Employment: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid: Downtown Fort Collins office & work from home (flexible)
Salary Range: $60k-$70k
Could you be our next teammate?
Our team is growing! And we’re looking for our newest teammate who:
- Enjoys building incredible things for the web in a flexible, thoughtful and collaborative team environment
- Has a love for continuous learning and mentorship
- Looks forward to doing great work with the best team around (if we do say so ourselves)
You’ll be contributing to our team in many valuable ways:
- Architecting and building web applications in PHP & Laravel as well as complex custom websites in WordPress
- Sharing leadership responsibilities within our team of developers and project managers and helping to shape our internal processes
- Helping the team to consistently implement coding best practices and standards and mentoring other developers in these areas
And we do all of this so that we can:
- Develop meaningful, long-term relationships with our clients
- Deliver high-quality design and code that we’re proud of
- Make the Internet more inclusive and accessible with every website and web app we build
- Build an amazing team we’re excited to be a part of every day
Because this is a senior position, we’re also looking for someone who has the following experience:
- Experience in leadership roles and mentorship of other teammates
- Experience with some of the following: Object-Oriented Programming design principles, MVC frameworks or modern front-end development frameworks
Our hiring and onboarding process
Our hiring process
We have an informal interview process, which includes a virtual chat with CodeGeek’s CEO and a small group lunch for local candidates (or a virtual small group chat for remote candidates).
There are no stress-inducing impersonal technical tests or hoops to jump through. Our goal is to assess a candidate’s skills and potential for positive team chemistry. This is also a chance for candidates to learn more about us to see if we’re a good fit for them.
Onboarding for success
We take each new teammate through a customized onboarding experience tailored to them so that they feel set up for success in their new role.
Our 1-2 week onboarding experience includes one-on-one time with CodeGeek’s CEO and other team leads to help walk you through the ins and outs of CodeGeek, including a company overview, the tools we use, our team processes and more.
We also provide a valuable reading list covering industry knowledge and team resources, which you’ll be able to review at your own pace during the paid workday.
Benefits of working at CodeGeek
- Health insurance
- IRA match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Contribution to Colorado’s Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program (FAMLI)
As a smaller team, we recognize we cannot compete with large tech companies when it comes to offering a more competitive salary.
We do, however, offer other benefits that our teammates who came from larger tech firms say were missing from their previous job experiences, including:
- Flexibility to arrange your day as you see fit – While we do have a few regularly scheduled team meetings and standups, you’re free to arrange and manage your day based on your most productive times and other daily life activities.
- Paid voluntary team events – We offer quarterly and annual team events that everyone is invited to (but not expected to attend). These are paid events and attendance is voluntary because we know that everyone’s free time is incredibly valuable.
- Realistic work hours – We’re committed to providing a work environment that celebrates both work and life. We do this by making sure full-time teammates work no more than 40 hours per week.
- An environment that welcomes change – We are always looking for ways to improve—as developers and as a company. Each project goes through a debrief to learn what went well and what could be improved, and teammates have regular one-on-ones with CodeGeek’s CEO to talk about how things are going.
- Ability to make your mark on the company – You’ll own projects, set new standards and help us embrace new technologies. We’re excited to see how your passion moves us forward!
- Opportunities to make a real difference – You’ll be working with businesses and nonprofits from many industries, writing code that makes a real difference in people’s lives and livelihoods.
How To Apply
Submit the following items to Cathy Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
- cover letter featuring a recent development project you’re excited about
For this position, preference will be given in this order to qualified candidates who:
- live along the Front Range of Colorado
- live elsewhere in the U.S.
CodeGeek is a vibrant team of web professionals who design and build best-in-class websites and web applications.
Our primary services include: custom website design, UX, hand-crafted custom WordPress themes and plugins, and web applications built using PHP/Laravel and Ruby on Rails.
We’re based in Fort Collins, Colorado, with our main office in the heart of downtown Fort Collins. Our varied clients across the country include notable small and large businesses.
In business since 2002, we are a small, collaborative, established company with 12 employees. We have numerous significant design and development projects in process, while actively growing ongoing relationships and providing regular support to our existing clients.
CodeGeek is also passionate about making this a better world for everyone. We are active supporters of many local and national organizations, including Realities For Children, WordPress Accessibility Day, Time To Vote and Women Who Code.
Learn more about CodeGeek and what it’s like to work with us at: https://www.codegeek.net/about/careers/
CodeGeek provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.