Senior Web Developer Job Opening — WordPress & Web Apps
Open Position: Senior Web Developer
Date: June 26, 2019
Employment: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Downtown Fort Collins or Remote
Salary: Based on experience
CodeGeek is a vibrant team of web professionals who design and build best-in-class websites and web applications. Our primary services include custom website design, UX, hand-crafted custom WordPress themes and plugins, and web applications built using PHP/Laravel and Ruby on Rails. We’re based in Fort Collins, Colorado, with our main office in the heart of downtown Fort Collins. Our varied clients across the country include notable small and large businesses.
In business since 2002, we are a small, collaborative, established company with 11 employees. We have numerous design and development projects in process, while actively maintaining ongoing relationships and support with our existing clients.
For this position, preference will be given in this order to qualified candidates who:
- are able to work on-site from our downtown Fort Collins office
- live along the Front Range of Colorado
- live elsewhere in the U.S.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Web Developer who enjoys building custom websites and web apps to join our team at our downtown Fort Collins office. Skills are important (and you can read about those below), but so is chemistry.
Our newest team member will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, have a knack for explaining technical details to non-tech folks (and the patience to go with it), and engage in self-directed continuous learning.
Our new teammate also approaches their work with a self-starter attitude and with excellence as their goal. They also humbly share with the team what they already know, ask about what they don’t know, and embrace egoless development.
Does this sound like you? Then read on!
- Develop custom responsive WordPress themes from scratch
- Implement complex HTML/CSS/JS websites and web interfaces
- Work with clients and project managers to write up project scope and feature requirements
- Receive emails and phone calls, primarily from team project managers and occasionally from clients
- Review other developers’ code and promote best practices
- Share knowledge with team members, and in some cases acting as a mentor
- Continually improve CodeGeek’s operations and procedures, consistently documenting processes and code
- Keep abreast of new web technologies and integrate them where appropriate
- Solid experience with Object-Oriented Programming design principles and patterns for creating clean, modular design
- Solid experience with MVC frameworks
- Solid experience with custom WordPress development
- Cross-device responsive web development experience
- Solid experience with Apache, MySQL, and Git
- Linux server setup, Linux command line, and Apache configuration knowledge
- Familiarity with basic principles of visual design, typography, and UI/UX
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience independently bringing projects from wireframe to final deployment
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills for working successfully with both colleagues and clients, enjoys working in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly
- Enjoys troubleshooting and helping get other developers un-stuck
- Organized, excellent attention to detail
Benefits include health insurance, vision, disability and IRA match, as well as paid vacation and holidays.
Submit the following items to Ron Zasadzinski, email@example.com. No calls, please.
- cover letter (include # of years of experience you have)
- samples of work (3-5)
CodeGeek follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs team members without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.